Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Monday, February 8, 2010

* Accepting with Grace

Guess what?  I have received a 'blogging award'.  I wasn't aware there was such a thing.  A very dear blogging friend, "Imperfect Stepford Wife" has honoured me.  How lovely.  I accept with thanks from my heart, and with grace and graciousness.


There are some things I must do.  This list comes with the award.  They are as follows:

1) Thank the person who nominated you for this award - Thank you so very much Salma!  I am honoured.
 

2) Copy the award and place it on your blog - done.


3) Link to the person who nominated you for this award. Imperfect Stepford Chronicals.
http://imperfectstepfordchronicles.blogspot.com


4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself - Scroll down


5) Nominate 7 bloggers - Scroll down


6) Post links to the 7 bloggers I nominate - Scroll down

7 interesting things about myself

1.  I always felt like I was born on the wrong continent.  I have never felt truly 'at home' in the place of my birth.  In the Mediterranean countries, especially Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece, or here in Mexico, I feel I have found a home for my soul.

2.  Archeology and History fascinate me.  I'd love to go on a 'dig' where they are uncovering lost civilizations.

3.  I love to burp really loud, laugh really loud, and sometimes cause havoc when I'm around those who really really love and accept me just the way I am.

4.  I have an artists' temperment.   I know what the 'passions' of life are, the ups, the downs, and the in betweens.  I have learned I have a 'need' to create. Creating makes me complete.

5.  I have known love so deep it will always be part of me whether I want it or not.  I am learning to accept it as a gift. Not everyone has known that kind of love.  I have never known hate.  How blessed am I.

6.  I am learning to accept and honour my self just the way I am.  I am learning to speak my truth and be absolutely authentic.

7.  I could eat watermelon every day of my life.  I could live in a watermelon patch and be in bliss.

Nomination of 7 bloggers

1.  Hope Swan. http://www.hopeswann.com
      Hopes' art is incredible.  Hope is charming and most gracious.  When she heard I was in SMA, through the GIST site, she invited me for coffee.  I think that is very special!

2.   Playing in the Sandbox.  http://cbsumm.blogspot.com
      Carolyn and I have 'Played in the Sandbox' off and on since about 2002 when I went 'home' to live with my parents and care for them.  I became involved with an altered art group on the web.  We had some incredible round robins of altered books.  Carolyn was one of the artists who participated.  She always gives 110 percent.  I was thrilled when my book was returned to be at the end of the RR.  Carolyn's art always spoke to me.  I will always have a little of her art with me.  We've kept in touch all these years.  Thanks for everything Carolyn!

3.  Nomadic Notebook.  Chronicling the joys of the journey.  http://nomadicnotebook-patty.blogspot.com/
Patty, you are as clever with words and you are with your camera.  I have come to enjoy your company through the blog.  Patty is on 'the path'.  Your photographs inspire me.  Your words speak to my heart.  Thank you for your blog.  It's awesome.  I am missing you while you are on the road.

4.  Context for Connectivity.  http://contextforconnectivity.blogspot.com/
     Caroldians' blog is new to me.  We met through GIST.  Your blog speaks to me in so many ways, Caroldiane.  You too are on the 'path', awakening and enjoying the challenges of the journey.  Thank you.

5.  GIST (Grace in Small Things) http://graceinsmallthings.ning.com/
For anyone longing to be conscious and aware of the wonderment and grace of small things in your life, the GIST site gives you an opportunity to do just that.  Each day (or you may 'come and go') you are able to post five things you are grateful for.   The people are lovely.  It has helped me in many ways.  Again, thank you.

As I find more blogs I would like to nominate, I will.  I owe you three.

Salma, you are such a beautiful spirit.  I'm sending you a big hug!!

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Monday February 8th, 2010

Feb 08
ClearClear
Hi: 68° 
Lo: 43°
Day: Mostly clear skies. High 68F, humidity 35%. Winds SW at 15 to 20 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 10
Night: Clear skies. Low 43F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
   
    
"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.
Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."  
~  Albert Schweitzer

No comments: