Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, February 20, 2010

* Beginning

I love 'beginning' projects.  Beginning is always very exciting.  Carlos (the foreman) and I met at the house today to discuss the electrical and plumbing plans.  I want a few changes, so we will have another meeting Monday or Tuesday.  The bricks are all there.  The look of bricks all stacked up ready to be made into something is lovely.  The colour is beautiful.  The shape is stunning.  Can you tell I like bricks?  Especially the Mexican bricks, the are a little more orange as opposed to red or brown.  That pleases me.
Two workers are building the wall.  A brick layer/stone mason and his helper.  The digging has been done, now the foundation wall is being laid.  The bricks are next.
This is my sink for the bathroom.  The one I bought in Delores the day Cavanaugh, Blanca and Carlos took me.  I'm in love with it.  I think it will look smashing with the terracotta tiles on the counter.

This morning I had breakfast with Kate.  Another Canadian woman who spends a great deal of time down here.  We are considering driving back down here in a convoy.  Timing will be everything ... so we won't know if it will work for some time.  Kate has driven the route many times by herself, so she is an old veteran.

Yesterday I spent an enchanting day with a lady I met on the web before I left Canada.  Her name is Patti.  Patti has (I lost count) about seven dogs.  All rescued from the streets of San Miguel.  Most of them were sick and starving.  Patti has saved these dogs, she has spent money to treat them with proper medication and feed them the best food.   The house is filled with the pure unconditional love of animals.  It is palpable!  Each and every one of them adore Patti, and Patti adores each and every one of them.  I really needed a dog fix, so it was the perfect place for me to be.  They all come to you at once.  I just wanted to put my arms out and pick them up in a huge bundle!  So gorgeous!

Patti has been in SMA for 5 years.  She has a lovely walled home with lots of space for the dogs to run and play.  A covered porch with beds for all the 'kids' when it's raining, and inside the house at night.

We lunched on a incredibily tasty homemade pot of chile - I sort of got the recipe in my head and want to try it.  Fresh Mexican buns accompanied.  Before din din we had water melon and a wonderful raw vegetable (I've forgotton the name) sprinkled with chili.  For dessert a home made banana loaf with cream cheese.  The afternoon wiled away over red wine, chatting and loving the dogs.  I thoroughly enjoyed your company, Patti.  Once again, Thank you!

Somewhere since I posted last I've had a meeting with my favorite Real Estate Agent, Bill and another art class.  

Tomorrow, I'm having lunch with a Canadian couple.  Will keep you posted.

Here is my ever evolving piece of art.  More work to be done .. however ... getting there.

 

Grumpy Marchall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Saturday, February 20, 2010

Feb 20
Cloudy / PM SunCloudy / PM Sun
Hi: 69° 
Lo: 45°
Day: Mostly clear skies. High 69F, humidity 40%. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 9
Night: Clear skies. Low 45F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
 
Your body is free but your heart is in prison. To release your heart, you simply reverse the process which locked it up. First you begin to listen for messages from your heart—messages you may have been ignoring since childhood. Next you must take the daring, risky step of expressing your heart in the outside world. . . . As you learn to live by heart, every choice you make will become another way of telling your story. . . . It is the way you were meant to exist. If you stop to listen, you’ll realize that your heart has been telling you so all along.
Martha Beck, "Finding Your Own North Star"

No comments: