Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Thursday, February 25, 2010

* A Busy Day in SMA

I think I have mentioned Sylvia before.  She is the lovely lady who invited me over to her home and have a look at what is possible in the renovating department.   Her pets are rescue dogs, and I fell in love with her white pit bull, Paloma.  Does this ring a bell????

Today, I met Sylvia for a early lunch in an old courtyard.  We, of course fell onto our favorite topics of decorating, renovating, building, and making something unique out of unlikely items.  By the time lunch was over, we were pumped.  Sylvia suggested she show me a couple of her favorite haunts.  Off we went.

I'm looking for a piece of wood to make a long narrow table for my kitchen area.  Ideally, it will seat four.  One at each end, and two slightly 'off centre' from each other.  This way, you can still accommodate four people and have a narrower piece of wood.  I have been contemplating an old door for this purpose.  We, naturally, took photos ....


This is the door I am thinking of cutting down into a table. At the moment, it is my favorite.  I would have a metal base made so people would have more room for their feet and legs.  However ....



 Other, more rustic doors are also attracting me.

These chairs are fun because they are related, however  not quite twins.  Very comfortable with the rounded cain backs, and could be upholstered on the seats.  What about cowhide????

Sylvia fell in love with this piece.  Long and lean with lots of character, it would be perfect in her house with soaring ceilings.  Personally, I want to run away with the candle sticks!

Allow me to introduce you to Sylvia.  Very much at home in SMA, she adores the place.  We have much in common.  Besides junk shops, old stuff, garage sales and good food, we are both Cancer Survivors.  I hope our friendship will continue.  I think we will have fun together.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Thursday, February 25th, 2010

Feb 25
Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy
Hi: 69° Lo: 44°
Day: Cloudy skies. High 69F, humidity 25%. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 11
Night: Partly cloudy skies. Low 44F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph

"It's the best feeling in the world when you meet new friends that you can't stand to be without."  ~Author unknown

No comments: