Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, February 14, 2010

* What a day this has been ...

You know the old song .... What a day this has been.  What a rare mood I'm in.  Why it's almost like being in love.  That's sort of how I feel about today.  Every teensie moment, every fleeting second was enjoyable.  I wanted to box it!  How do you box magic?

I spent the day with folks I had never met.  A couple invited me to go with them to Delores because of a post I put on a SMA forum site.  I said Yes!  I am getting so brave!  I arrived on their door step at 10:00 AM this morning as instructed.  Rang the bell.  Was buzzed in.  ..... in to this most incredible house where this lovely family lives.  Their names are Cavanaugh, Blanca and Blanca's father Carlos.  Originally from El Paso, Texas, they now reside part of the year here and part in Aspen.  Blanca's Papa still lives in El Paso, however, is on his way to Peru because he loves archeology.

The house is a Mexican mansion ... let's call it like it is.  It sits high in the hills of SMA overlooking the entire town and country side.  It is exquisitely decorated in Mexican colours and style.  Outdoor, indoor living areas intermingle and you wander in and out of the house at will while gazing over SMA from three different views.  Toller Cranston art, huge pieces, decorate the walls.  The upper terrace overlooks a larger terrace below where the pool and hot tub are located.   In the kitchen, Senora (a permanent part of the family, housekeeper, cook, etc.) fusses over breakfast and a fire burns happily in the beautifully hand carved fireplace.  I fall instantly in love.

I fall in love, not only with the house itself and its incredibly warm charm, but with the people of the house with the same traits.  Blanca a beautiful dark haired, dark flashing eyed woman, is warm and welcoming.  Taking me by the arm and ushering me to the table I am made to feel very much at home.  Senora brings me coffee.  Papa and I chat about our adventures while Blanca and Cavanaugh get ready to leave.

Then we are on the road.  Chatting and laughing merrily as though we were old friends.  I enjoy the journey to Delores.  Leaving the hills of SMA and getting out into the flatter dessert of the surrounding area.  Soon we are at the 'door' place.  I call it 'the land of possibilities'.  Everywhere I turned I saw something which could be made into something else, or something I adored just the way it was.  Endless, endless creativeness all in one place.  Oh My!!

I'm absolutely too tired to tell you more tonight.  Later this evening I attended an absolutely world class concert with an incredible tenor and pianist.  Felt like I was back in Europe.  Will fill you in on the rest tomorrow.

Here's a photo of the 4 of us having fun at a 'pork' restaurant.  Will explain in the next post.

 
Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Sunday, February 14, 2010


FairFair
Hi: 69° 
Lo: 48°
Day: Cloudy skies. High 69F, humidity 30%. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 9
Night: Mostly clear skies. Low 48F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

"Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend -- or a meaningful day."       ~    Dalai Lama

No comments: