Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, February 6, 2010

* This is after all, Mexico ....

Here it is!  "El Pocito Hacienda".  I have to check on the "Pocito" part.  The word for little is poco.  Here in Mexico they like to add 'ito' to words when they mean little .... have to do some checking on this.  I want to hand paint a sign for the house.

Yes, you know you are in Mexico, when the internet is down all day and half the night.  When the phones are down.  When you are frustrated because FedEx gets screwed up and takes five days to get to Canada instead of the promised two day delivery.  You know you are in Mexico when the bank won't allow you to wire money.  When the ATM is absolutely empty.  You know you are in Mexico when you begin to use the F%(*# word more than usual.  You know you are in Mexico when you tell yourself .... "Doni, just surrender to all these frustrations, settle down, relax, breath.  Go for a walk in this beautiful city.  Enjoy the fresh air.  Buy some mangoes.  Let the juice run down your chin.  Stand out on your terrace and enjoy that incredible view over the mountains.  This is after all, Mexico.

That was my day. I did manage to have my photos taken for my FM3 Visa.  They will be ready tomorrow.  I am going to look so glamorous!  No earings, no necklaces, hair pulled straight back off your forehead and tucked behind your ears.  No glasses.  I'm not sure I'll recognize myself ... lol!

The rains have caused damage to this old house where I am staying.  With all the water on the roof, together with the weight of the water tanks, the entire roof is cracking.  Major repairs required.  There is a huge leak because of this in Casita No. 4.  The water had to be turned off tonight, and I am here with buckets of water to flush toilets, wash my face, etc.  As I said, this is after all, Mexico.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Saturday February 6, 2010

Feb 06
ClearClear
Hi: 70° 
Lo: 43°
Day: Sunny skies. High 70F, humidity 40%. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 10
Night: Clear skies. Low 43F. Winds light.

"There are only four questions of value in life. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made of? What is worth living for? What is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."

No comments: