Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, February 7, 2010

* Mega

Does this look familiar?
How about this?
This is where I spent a good few hours today.  It's San Miguels answer to US and Canadian 'you want it, we've got it all under one roof' syndrome.  I thought it was time I explored the area at least a little.  I think there is more, however, I was so overwhelmed by the time I toured this huge place, I came home.  I know there is a large building store ... part of this complex.  I will probably explore that part when I purchase my thousands of bricks for the wall.

Mega is a $4.00 cdn. cab ride away.  I got out of the cab, obtained my 'large' cart, thinking I would stock up on groceries.  Honestly, I am changing so much these days, I hardly recognize myself sometimes.  I got into the store, looked around, bells rang "Super Store" ... and this thought actually traversed through my brain .... "I want to go home."  (and that was not 'home to Canada')  I haven't liked huge stores of malls for some years, preferring smaller markets and independent retailers.  However, I still was shocked at my reaction.  I thought I would be 'craving' some of this by now .... some retail therapy!  Apparently not.  I looked at all the North American products, the bedspreads, dishes, aprons and kitchen ware.  The thought which kept repeating through my brain told me I don't want any of this .... I want Spanish stuff!  I did see some orange towels that said "YES"!  Then another random thought poped up ... "Gosh, perhaps I'll have to move to a smaller town." ............ slow down Doni .... Learn your Spanish first ......... breath!  I'm fine now!

All in all it was interesting, and I'm sure Mega will serve me well at times.  If there are cravings for Kraft or Kellog I will know where to go.  And, who knows .... there may be.  So I did the tour, up and down every isle.  I don't think anything is particularly more reasonably priced.  I would rather support the locals.  I can however purchase appliances there, which I will need.  There is also a Costco further away ... that's probably a good place for appliances as well.

So guess what I came home with?  Out of all the deli delights, the rows of meat, the bread and bakery section, the abundances of cheese, the take-away etc. etc. etc.  I purchased a bottle of Mexican brandy (I remember it was good) and a box of waffles. : )

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Sunday, January 6th, 2010
Feb 07
FairFair
Hi: 70° 
Lo: 44°
Day: Mostly clear skies. High 70F, humidity 45%. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 10
Night: Mostly clear skies. Low 44F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
 "To read the papers and listen to the news ... one would think the world is in terrible trouble.  You do not get that impression when you travel the back roads and small towns who seem to care and are more at peace with themselves."

No comments: