Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

* An Exquisite Day

It's difficult to explain how much I have enjoyed this day.  Every inch of it.  Every moment of it.  Every breath of it.  Simply exquisite.   So, as a fairly analytical person, I ask myself ... "What has made this day so exquisite?"  I've pondered it, however, in the end, who really knows.  Was it my mood, was it my train of thought, was it my expectations, was it my desire?  Not sure.  'Nough said.  Why should I analyze it to pieces?  It was, as I have already said, simply exquisite.

Late this morning (I'm not an early morning kind of girl), I met with my foreman, Carlos.  Yes, I have taken possession, he is indeed, my foreman.  When I arrived at the property, it felt so very different.  I have built houses in Canada.  The building site is always full of noise, big equipment digging, engines roaring, cement trucks emitting cement, men yelling over the noise of all things mechinical.  Today, it was so very very different.  The energy was gentle.  There was no noise.  Five men were altering my home, brick by brick, all by hand, silently and gently.  I absolutely have no doubt this will alter the energy in the finished product.  I felt content.  Even amongst the rubble, I felt 'at home'.  A place of belonging.

There are a couple of issues.  The floor is not level and the building is not square.  Because the bathroom is wider at one end than the other, the shower and washer will be switched, allowing for a larger shower at the other end.  The floors are not level.  Between the two rooms there is a difference of about 3 inches.  Cement will be added at one end to level the floors.  The plaster seems to be falling off every time they try to make a new alteration.  I have sent an e-mail to my architect.  I'm sure the entire place will need to be replastered.  These are the issues of renovations.  The excellent news is the building is structurally sound and built solidly.  No extra support will be needed in order to build up.

I took some photos.  It's important to me I document the progress of this project.  It's part of the fun and excitement.  Here goes ...

"All Lady D's Men", including my Foreman, Carlos, second from the left.

Lady D with her men, except Carlos, who is taking the photo.

All the doors and windows gone.

A view looking out.  The window on the right will be bricked up and the door will become a double door.
It looks to me like they are up at the counter to order a coffee.  However, this is the beginning of the wall coming down.  It will become an arch, which will open up the entire room.

 The wall at the end of my garden is rising nicely.  Two more men working on that.

The mountains will be the view from my roof terrace.  This was taken out of the window.  I think the roof garden view will be spectacular.

One last look before I leave for the day.

I took 'my men' a big bag of fresh pastries from the bakery.  They loved it and I loved doing it.  I guess that set a standard!

Next, I was off to art class.  A few minutes late because of my meeting at the property, however, I had consulted with Nina.  I'm feeling so much more comfortable with my art.  I do feel a little loosening.  A little 'letting go'.  Not a lot, however I am feeling a difference.  My latest painting is done.  I am moving on to the next.  I have entitled this painting "The Guardian".



Began a new painting today.  Right away, I saw what it was.  Amazing.

You can see where I have drawn in blue paint with a brush.  It is a woman, looking down at some sort of 'spirit', 'saint', or other protector.  There is a bridge behind.  That's about all I know for now.  It will evolve!

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende, for Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feb 24
FairFair
Hi: 59° 
Lo: 33°
Day: Mostly cloudy skies. High 59F, humidity 35%. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 11
Night: Partly cloudy skies. Low 33F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong."  ~ Benjimen Hoff

No comments: