Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, February 28, 2010

* Last Day with May

Went over the the property today with Bill.  No one was there.  Usually the crew works 6 days a week here, so we aren't sure why they weren't their.  Couldn't get in.  No photos.  Yes, I'm disappointed!  We are going back on Monday.

May treated me to lunch today.  Had a lovely time, at a little restaurant called Hecho Mexico.  Very pretty courtyard with gardens, fountains and birdies pecking at crumbs.  Great food.  We spent a most enjoyable afternoon chatting about our time here and enjoying the ambiance.  May ran into one of her old friends.  Interesting woman.  Had a career with the CIA.  No, I didn't ask any questions.

After lunch we went to a huge appliance store and viewed the inventory.  No under counter fridges, so I am still on the hunt.

We were walking along, chatting merrily, when a large procession appeared in the distance.  As it grew closer we could see it was a huge funeral.  In front of the hearse, three people carried statues of saints incased in wood and decorated in flowers.  Mourners followed.  Then the hearse.  After that crowds of mourners, all on foot.  I was saying to May, I had been witness to two funerals and there were Mariaches following the funeral.  Here there were none.  However, there was a parade of people, all costumed and masked.  Everything from day of the dead costumes to clowns.  I have no idea what that is all about.  They were acting very happy and in celebratory mode.  I am very interested to find out more about the customs at funerals here.  I did snap some photos of the parade.

All in all very interesting.  I want to learn more.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Sunday, February 28, 2010

Feb 28
Cloudy / PM SunCloudy / PM Sun
Hi: 74° 
Lo: 45°
Day: Partly cloudy skies. High 74F, humidity 30%. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 11
Night: Clear skies. Low 45F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

"While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil."
~    John Taylor

No comments: