Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, February 13, 2010

* Mexican Folk Art ...

Guess What?  I know nothing about Mexican Folk art or this handsome fellow.  I only know, he lives with me, and keeps me company in my temporary lodgings. He performs in the early morning between 3:00 am and 3:23 am.  It's something I have been exposed to before, however, have never studied, or learned much about it.  I would like to, and probably will now that I am here.  I'm sure it's a fascinating subject.  I have seen this sort of dress at festivals .. years ago in Mexico city.  I remember them dancing in a circle, lots of fire works and of course, music!                                                      Very quiet day today.  I think I needed it.  My mind was a little boggled last night and I was cranky.  Usually a sign I need to take a breather.                                           I didn't budge out of bed until 2:00 pm!!!  Oh, I was awake.  Calculating budget for the house, what I would need to purchase.  Answered e-mails.  Wrote e-mails.  Talked on the phone.                                              Finally at 2:00 I felt like moving.  It was a glorious day.  Clear blue sky onward and upward forever.  I took a lovely walk.  Down to the Jardin.  Spent an hour of so having a "Limonada" in an outdoor cafe people watching.  Eye Candy was available today.  Mexican policeman riding his horse .... hmmmm.  I walked the long way home.  Stopped for some fresh avocados and mangoes.  Yum.        Tomorrow I am going to Delores (the ceramic and tile city) with people whom I have never met.  Last week I put a note on one of the popular San Miguel sites asking for advice on where to look for old doors.  Consequently, I was invited to go to Delores with a couple who are taking their father in law there for the day, will be going to the factory shops and are stopping at a wonderful place outside Delores who stocks old doors!  What could be better!  This place is amazing.  So, tomorrow I will be going on a little adventure.          I'm still tired tonight.  It's early to bed, and up early in the morning.  I will report on my excursion tomorrow.
Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Saturday, February 13, 2010


Partly CloudyPartly Cloudy
Hi: 70° 
Lo: 49°
Day: Mostly clear skies. High 70F, humidity 40%. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 9
Night: Mostly clear skies. Low 49F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Let me say, there was a time in my life, not that long ago, when the quote below scared me spitless!  Only now, am I beginning to 'get it'.

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads.  Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."  ~ Rosalia de Castro

No comments: