Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Thursday, February 4, 2010

* View from my Terrace

This is as far as I can take this painting.  Tomorrow is art class.  We will see what Nina says!
I know, I said I would not be writing for a few days.  I think I'm hooked!  

Actually, it is raining cats, dogs and horses!!  The last time I looked I saw a couple of marlin swim by!  I'm not sure I have ever witnessed such heavy rain for so long, even on the West Coast of Canada!  It truly is torrential.  Monsoon like.  The streets have turned to rivers.  You have to jump over at least a foot of water when you leave the curb to cross the street.  This could be dangerous to my shins, me thinks!!  

I did have business to conduct pertaining to the property purchase today.  I had no choice but to brave the weather and walk in it.  Once I was out, it was quite enjoyable.  The streets were almost pedestrian free and with my umbrella I only got half soaked.  So I walked and I enjoyed.  The sound of the water on the cobblestones.  Drain pipes off of every roof caused water to stream down in mini water falls every few feet.  The cobblestone catching the light, the sound of the cars as they passed.  It was rather romantic ... however, I think I'm under a bit of a spell these days.

Last night I went to see the movie 'Frida'.  About the artist Frida Kahlo.  I had badly wanted to see the film when it came out, and never did.  It moved me to the core.  I have read Frida's life.  This was incredibly well done.  I know the film received awards at the time.  The spell is still in my head today, I can't stop thinking about it.  If you are an artist, or simply interested in art, watch it, feel it, become part of it! 

Recently, I also watched 'Surviving Picasso', which was truly an incredible film.  Anthony Hopkins as Picasso is superb.  I didn't know as much about Picasso's life and I learned a tremendous amount.  I'm learning there is such a thing as 'Artist's Temperament', perhaps wrongly labeled by people who feel no passion for life ... however, I am beginning to understand myself. There is an artist within and that artist is special, she is different.  Many people do not understand her.  I am only beginning to understand her and love her.

I must brave the weather again tomorrow.  Photo's have to be taken for my FM3 visa.  Another river adventure without a canoe.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Thursday, February 4th, 2010

Feb 04
Showers / ClearShowers / Clear
Hi: 54° Lo: 45°
Day: Rain. High 54F, humidity 90%. Winds SSW at 15 to 20 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 2
Night: Mostly clear skies. Low 45F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

"The artist at her best – wild, passionate, rebellious, and human – is often too large and truthful a creature for society's taste. The artist at her most outlandish – profane, eccentric, even a little mad – is at least as disquieting a figure."  ~ Eric Maisel

No comments: