Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Monday, March 8, 2010

* Brain on Fast Forward

It came to me today.  A time of knowing.  A time when my mind said, "OK Donna, you have things to do here, however, you also have things to do there.  It is time to begin making lists and getting organized for the 21 days you have at that end to get your act together."  It was almost a feeling of panic.  I didn't like it much!  Today has been 'rush hour' in my brain.  Traffic jams sometimes.  Other times moving slowly and steadly.  Other times ... well, shall we say 'road rage'?  Here's where I have been today.
1.     Most important.  Make reservation to get yourself back here to your home as quickly as possible.

2.     Stipulation:  It has to be a direct flight.  I will not risk loosing Habibi via a plane change.

3.     Sat down with my computer to investigate who has direct flights.  Came up with only Mexicana out of Vancouver.

4.     Considered date of travel.  How quickly can I realistically I turn around - get everything done?

5.     Decided on 3 weeks (not very realistic, but if I hurry ...) and looked at the calendar.  April 26th jumped out at me.  It would have been our 30th wedding anniversary.  Hmmmm.  Bitter sweet.  Good time to say good bye and return to my beloved Mexico for a new beginning.

5.     Called Mexicana Air.  Ordered one seat for human occupancy and one space in cargo for Habibi.

6.     Began to consider what awaited me on the other end.  Taxes.  Find all your papers and get it together girl!

6a.    Sell my car.  (Made a decision it was easier to buy a new one here).

7.     Empty two storage lockers, (YIKES).  Decide what to take with me (VERY LIMITED), what I can sell quickly, and what will go to the thrift shop.

7A.  Check with Ray to see what furniture has been sold and what is remaining.  

8.     Make arrangements for the book I wrote about my father to be packed and shipped to the right person who will have it placed in the archives.  (Important)

9.     Take Habibi to the Vet.  Get required vacinations and proper paper work in duplicate, ready for inspection upon entry into Mexico.  (Looked up all requirements on web and make a list.)

9a.    Ready Habibi's travel crate.  Get water proof liners (required by airlines).  Label with proper labels (required by airlines), get special food and water containers which fit on front and not on side (required by airlines).  Make 'live animals' sign (required by airlines).

10.    Have legal work updated, i.e. will, living will, personal papers etc.  Make appointment to see a lawyer.

11.    Renew Canadian Drivers license.

12.    Look into medical options and medical records.

12a.  Take out travel insurance for at least the next year.

13.   Order 3 months of medicine to take with me.

13a.  Take to pharmacist in SMA to determine if I can obtain equivalent here.

14.   Call a long list of people to chat and say goodbye.

15.   Visit those I can and take a few to dinner for what I have put them through lately.

16.    Book flight to Vancouver to visit friend and say goodbye.

17.    See out of town friends for an overnight visit.

18.    Shop for some walking shoes.  I'm having a shoe crisis.  They are not making the crocs I love anymore.  They were perfect for the cobblestone.  This will take time to find new source!!  Ratts!

19.    Try and convince friends from Hornby Island to travel to Victoria to see me before I go.

20.     Shop for a few cloths, a few personal items, blah, blah, blah

21.     Do the post office thing, the credit card thing ... the whole ball of wax for a change of address.

22.      Go to post office and have mail forwarded for 1 year.  (That takes a little of the pressure off)

23.     Get a Lerado Texas address for mail.  Mailing directly to Mexico does not work.  I would never see most of my mail.

24.     Find shipping company who is willing to ship a maximum of twenty 1.5 cu. ft. boxes to Mexico for me.  (good luck!)

25.     Find transportation from Mexico City to SMA upon returning.  Someone who will take doggies.

26.     Order bed before I leave and have it delivered before I return (that's on this end),

27.     Find someone to put a little food in my fridge for me to come home to.  It will be very late.

28.     Buy my fridge, stove and washer before I go, for delivery before I return.

30.     Choose tiles, colour of paint, sinks, counter finishes, faucets, fixtures etc. etc. etc. ... all before I leave.

31.     Review electrical plan for property and give final OK.

32.    Have a few people over for dinner on a few different nights before I head out.

33.    Take a trip to Delores for accent tiles before they begin installing.

34.    Choose pattern for brick drive way.

35.    Choose iron work pattern for balconies and railings.

36.    Choose, choose, choose ....

37.    Fly back to Victoria on the milk run flights.  SMA - drive to Leon Airport.  Leon to Houston, Houston to Seattle, Seattle to Victoria.  A very long 26 hours if everything is on time and functions properly .... which of course it is going to.

38.    IMPORTANT:  Find my painting "The Joy of Gardening" and ship it to Sir J.

38A.  Take CPAC machine in for check up on the pressure.  Buy new hose, filters and mask.

39.     WHEW! It actually felt good to 'empty my brain' of all that.  I honestly was feeling very churned up.  Now I will be able to sleep.

40.    I'm going to have a lovely long hot shower.     nite nite

I'll bet I will come up with more before this is over.  We should have a lottery!  Can she do it in 21 days.  Talk about a challenge, Salma!  I think I have given myself a big one.  Hope I can handle it.



     I love this town!  All these beautiful little burrows and their masters taking sand to a building site.  I hear church bells instead of cement trucks.  So comforting.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Monday, March 8th, 2010

Mar 08
PM CloudsPM Clouds
Hi: 80° 
Lo: 52°
Day: Cloudy skies. High 80F, humidity 20%. Winds SW at 15 to 20 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 6
Night: Mostly clear skies. Low 52F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

There is an internal landscape, a geography of the soul; we search for its outlines all our lives.  Those who are lucky enough to find it ease like water over a stone, onto its fluid contours, and are home.  Some find it in the place of their birth; others may leave a seaside town, parched, and find themselves refreshed in the desert.  There are those born in rolling countryside who are really only at ease in the intense and busy loneliness of the city.  For some, the search is for the imprint of another; a child or a mother, a grandfather or a brother, a lover, a husband, a wife, or a foe.  We may go through our lives happy or unhappy, successful or unfulfilled, loved or unloved, without ever standing cold with the shock of recognition, without ever feeling the agony as the twisted iron in our soul unlocks itself and we slip at last into place.  ~ Josephine Hart  (I am now feeling that agony as the twisted iron of my soul unlocks itself and slips at last into place.  It has been painful and wonderful at the same time.  A place of belonging. A place to breath.  A place to feel wonderful contentment. A place to feel safe.  A place to fall in love with myself.  I never ever thought I would find 'home' again without the love of my life.  Home was never a place for me ... it was always wherever we were together.  I have been proved wrong.  You will never know how very very grateful I am for this.  Thank you Divine Mother.)    

No comments: