Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

* Shop 'til you drop ...


This is Richie Green Or Ricardo Verde as he is known in SMA.  Richie is my official driver when I have too much to do to take taxies.  He drives us to Delores and Commonfort for pots and dishes and tiles.  We are becoming attached to Richie.  Unfortunately, he is going back to New Mexico in about 9 days.  He lives in Taos, one of my favorite places in the world.  Builds ecological friendly recycled houses, and is now going back to university in Tucson to study film.  He looks 20 and is 40.  Now, if we could only figure out how he does it we could patent it!

Busy day!  Looked at and bought some appliances.  Purchased a stove.  Had my eye on a Boche, however simply couldn't justify the price.  Ended up with a very similar 'made in Mexico' Mabe.  One of those compact appliances which are very hard to find where I come from, this 21" wide 4 burner gas stove will be incredibly efficient in my small kitchenette.  Most mexican stoves do not have temperature control for the oven.  This one does.  It is self cleaning.  What more do I need.  PLUS, it is 'cute', and probably needs a name to feel at home with me.  I'll have to think on that one!
   Also purchased an under the counter fridge.  Butcher block will be placed on top at counter height.  Went to explore washer and dryers at several places.  Have come to the conclusion a stacker unit is the answer.  In the rainy season, it will be nice to have a dryer.  Normally I will hang my washing outside, probably on the roof.

After that we (we, being Richie and I) enjoyed a lovely lunch on the patio.  Then off to look at appliances in other stores.  Purchased groceries.  Went to the carpenter shop where I am going to have a bed frame made with drawers in the bottom for storage.  I will purchase the mattress first, then order the bed frame.

I'm feeling a tinge of a soar throat, and refusing to 'accept delivery', Richie drove me to a shop named 'Moon Rise' where you can buy every herb known to man.  I stocked up on echinecia, an immune booster and vitiman C.

By the time I returned home it was almost time for the cocktail party on the upper terrace.  Some photos.
Left to right.  Bev from Toronto.  Has been coming here for 15 years.  Bev is an Artist.  Kathleen, a very interesting woman of Chigaco and Indiana, involved in career coaching.  Her husband Ivan, a Therapist and Teacher of Spiritual and Personal Growth.
From the Left.  Katrina.  She and her husband own a tour company in Ketchican Alaska.  They work there butts of as long as the tourist season lasts there and then winter in SMA.  They bike all over the world in some very interesting places.  Next stop, Burma.  The next woman is Karen.  She and her husband Robert are from Minnesota, have been here since October.  Next is Rocky.  Unfortunately, my memory is blank there ... don't think I had a chance to speak with her.
On the left, Doug ... the other half of the Ketchican, Alaska couple.  He once was a commercial fisherman.  On the right Cav.  An artist, however I don't know any more details.
Cav on the left, Pat, just back from three months in Thailand, the owner of this place, Katrina on the right.
Myself, Bev, Kathleen, Marijo and Dr. Seus.  Bev was the lady who invited me to dinner last night.  She has painted quite a lot while shes been here.  Has her degree from Toronto College of Art.
A spectacular sunset to close the day.

Tomorrow I have a meeting at the house with Carlos the contractor.  Will keep you posted.  For now, hope you are making yourselves a great day.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Forecast for San Miguel de Allende for Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mar 18
PM CloudsPM Clouds
Hi: 80° 
Lo: 52°
Day: Mostly clear skies. High 80F, humidity 15%. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 11
Night: Clear skies. Low 52F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

"How far we travel in life matters far less than those we meet along the way."

No comments: