Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Saturday, March 20, 2010

* Fresh Squeezed

Since I have felt a cold coming on, I have taken to squeezing fresh oranges.  So very flavorful and fresh, I can  indulge every day in one or two huge glasses.  I adore this 'old fashioned' orange squeezer ... I'm going to get one.  We used them here when we came 20 years ago.  I had forgotten they are not only efficient, they are fun to use.

No matter how much 'preventive medicine' I stuff down my little throat, I do believe this nasty little bug is taking hold.  I simply feel 'crappy' today!  No doubt about it.

I trundled out this morning to purchase a bed.  It was a successful journey.  At this moment in time, I am the proud owner of a Serta Perfect Day Pillow Top.  I tried it out.  Sprawled all over, front, back, side.   I didn't want to get up.  They will hold the mattress until I call to have it delivered.  I'm sure I will be able to arrange to have it at the house when I return so I have something to crawl into in the middle of the night.

I attempted to negotiate the inclusion of a little Serta Sheep in the transaction.  I must say, I'm pretty sure the clerk concluded "Senora Loco".  I explained friends of mine from the US had a little Serta Sheep, No. 44 to be exact.  I was firm and indicated  No. 44 definitely needed a friend.  I went on to beg, until he called head office in Queretaro.  He hung up shaking his head.  No. 44 will be very disappointed, I explained. In all probability, broken hearted!  He belongs to Kathleen and Ivan.  We, naturally had planned to introduce them when they returned to SMA next year.  I'm thinking of writing to Serta.  I'm sure they will understand.  Who wouldn't want one of these.  And to have a friend on holidays ... what more could one ask for!  As you can see, No. 25 is disgruntled over the entire situation.

Enjoyed a very late breakfast at my favorite restaurant on the Jardin, shopped for a gift to take a dear friend, which was a lost cause.  Energy fading .... slowly climbed the long assent home with sweat pouring down my brow and collapsed.  Poured copious amounts of preventive medicine down my gullet.  Still hopeful.

Absolutely had no choice but to go to the paint store for the samples.  Mustered up strength, flagged a cab and explained my plight in broken English.  Por favor  - paint store, wait uno or dos momentitos and take me to casa.  It all worked out.  I have the chip book in my hot little hands.

It didn't take me long to choose colours as I could already see them in my head.  It was simply a matter of locating them in the chip book.  The outside of Quinta de la Luz will to be a very rich purple leaning to cobalt.  Trim is a bright lime green.  (I know, sit down and catch your breath!)  Inside, is a soft old world, Italian plaster yellow.

When Kathleen returned from her adventures she brought me a very tasty treat.  Spanish Lessons!  An entire set of "The Rosetta Stone Spanish".  I had not heard of it.  It is highly acclaimed.  I have it installed already.  Delicious!  Such an appropriate and most appreciated gift.  Again, the wonderful surprise of kindness, generosity and friendship.   The gift of feeling grateful, excited and the grace to accept with ease and joy.

Signing off now.  Nose running, head clogged, face hot.  Off to the shower for some steam.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Sunday, March 21, 2010


ClearClear
Hi: 78° 
Lo: 45°
Day: Sunny skies. High 78F, humidity 15%. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 13
Night: Clear skies. Low 45F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."  ~ C.S. Lewis

No comments: