Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

* What a wonderful world ....

That's how I feel today.  Today was one of those 'blips of bliss'.  I adore those.  Bill picked me up at 9:30 am and we went over to the property.  (Note to self:  Donna you have got to get a name for your home .... It does not please me when you call it 'the property!")

Everything is going along very well.   The wall is completed and the workmanship is beautiful.  The poor little tree had to be pruned, so it is suffering shock.  I gave it a hug.  Perhaps it needs extra water.  Does anyone know how to nurse injured trees?  I do hope it survives.  I love it.

I am meeting with Juan Carlos (architect) on Wednesday morning.  I am going to make some more changes, which I will discuss with you when I make sure I can afford them.  I took photos.  It still amazes me everything is being done by hand.  Even the sand for the cement is being sifted through a screen by hand.  It is so peaceful at the site, and the men are so happy.

A few photos for history.

The wall to separate the bathroom has been installed.  The floors have been leveled.  The plans are so the men can still walk across the room while the floors dry.
Cement, carried by hand, one bag at a time.  All hand mixed.
All sand is shoveled by hand on to a large screen and is sifted.
Here's my beautiful new Garden Wall.  I think the workmanship is top notch.
All the Queens' Men, plus Bill, my real estate agent.
 Looking back at the house from the sunken garden.  Bill talking on this 'sexy red cell phone'... lol
My tree and new wall in the sunken garden
view from the sunken garden
Lots more to say about today, however it will have to wait 'til later.  I find myself completing this post at 4:00 AM.  I still want to get some shut eye as I'm going on a lovely road trip with Sylvia and her friend today.  We are going out of town to a small Pueblo which manufacturers the beautiful terra cotta pots!  

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mar 02
ClearClear
Hi: 76° 
Lo: 40°
Day: Sunny skies. High 76F, humidity 20%. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 11
Night: Clear skies. Low 40F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”  ~ Jawajarial Nehru



No comments: