Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Room of Ones Own

The beautiful domes of San Miguel

The creation of my dear blogger friend, Salma, A Room of Ones Own  is a blog with a big purpose.  The mandate of this blog is to allow women to express themselves creatively.  It may be through poetry, stories, art, photography, or a combination.  Salma says, and I quote, "This is a creative blog. I believe in self-respect and respecting others, and would not ask less of my contributors or friends. All views expressed here are simply opinions based on lived experiences."

If you'd like to drop by in the next few days and have a look around, one of my poems, "Until I was Alone" is being featured.  It was written at a time in my life when I lost my one true love.  It awakened me to the 'little things' about our relationship I missed terribly.  I had taken them for granted.  I supposed they would always be there for me.  I thought they were 'mine'.  I assumed he would never stop giving me these small treasured tributes. I believed he would always be there. Nothing, believe me, is ever 'mine', and as I've learned, nothing is ever permanent.  The ebbs and flows of life are part of the ever changing landscape of the journey.  As I walk the path at this time in my life, I treasure every small sweet happening which is gifted upon me, if only for the moment.  As I become aware of the unbelievable power of grace in small things, placing awareness upon them and appreciating them, my life is changing.  It brings me into the present moment.  A moment which will never come again.  Whatever is occurring in the fleeting instant will never again occur in quite the same way.  I attempt to cherish it, whatever it is.  Even in sadness, trouble or turmoil, and loss, huge gifts are being bestowed on me.  How else would the Universe be able to teach me and show me who I am, authentically. 

Salma accepts and reviews submissions of all sorts.  Perhaps you have a piece of your own creativity you would like to share.  Send it to Salma at AROO.  I believe it's important for all of us to have a place we can be heard and accepted.  Go over for a visit and poke around.  I guarantee you will find something of interest.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Monday,  March 22 2010


Mar 22
ClearClear
Hi: 80° 
Lo: 44°
Day: Sunny skies. High 80F, humidity 15%. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 13
Night: Clear skies. Low 44F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.



"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."  ~ Albert Einstein

No comments: