Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Thursday, March 25, 2010

* Last Art Class Today

"Divine Self"

Being at my last art class today felt odd.  The last one.  Time in SMA has vapourized like my breath on a chilly morning.  First, I could see all of it, then mysteriously, it was gone.   Very shortly the plane to Victoria awaits.  When I arrived, time seemed to lay itself before me, stretched out like a long bolt of silk, always  another yard  to unfold.  Today, time seemed scarce and precious.  I wanted to hold it in my hand and declare my love.  As I walked through town, it all seemed new and more beautiful than ever.  I tried to inhale it.  I wanted it to become part of me.  I have a longing to return before I leave.  Like saying goodbye to a lover.

Met Bill for an early breakfast.  We sort of finalized everything before our meeting with the lawyer and discussed some of my questions regarding doing business here in Mexico.  Our usual place for breakfast is a courtyard full of bird song.  Canaries are hung out in their cages for the day in the fresh air of the courtyard.  I still cannot get over their song.  It fills me up every time I enjoy breakfast with Bill.  The fountain today was full of fresh roses and herbs.  The fragrance was incredible.


A very emotional day for me today.  The papers for the house were finalized.  It has taken so long, delay after delay because of the subdivision.  For some reason, I never had any doubts.  I was never nervous, I never had lack of trust.  Amazing really.  Today, after two hours at the lawyers office with an official interpreter present, I signed the papers.  I am a homeowner in Mexico.  Tears welled up in my eyes and it became difficult to speak.  I felt such joy in my heart.  I asked the interpreter to translate for me while I spoke directly to the lawyer.  "I want you to know how I am feeling.  I would like you, as a representative of your country, to hear me.  I am so very honoured I have been allowed to stay in your beautiful Mexico and to own my home here.  I want to thank you for that."  He looked at me with much warmth in his eyes and said,  "Welcome.  This is your home."  Tears rolled down my cheeks.  I feel as though I have truly come home.  For probably the second time in my life, I feel as though I have found my 'place of belonging'.  It is very comforting.  Photos of 'the moment'.

Left, the gentleman whom I purchased the property from, middle, the interpreter, and moi.
That 'magic' moment.
The Senor who welcomed me on behalf of his Mexico.  A moment I shall not forget.

After the meeting was over, I walked to the Jardin, sat in my favorite spot to people watch, and enjoyed a fresh limonada.  Shopped a little and purchased a gift for a friend. Bought some hand made truffles for Nina as a little thank you.  Slowly walked to art class, savouring the walk and my surroundings.  After class, I retraced my steps to the paint store and purchased some of the yellow paint I had decided on for the walls, and cream paint which was my decision for the fireplace and ceilings.  I simply couldn't leave without 'knowing' I liked them on the walls!  Had to do it!  I'm going to the house early tomorrow, before my meeting with Carlos to paint a patch on the walls.   

It was quite late when I got home.  Am just now making dinner.  See you tomorrow.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Friday, March 26, 2010


ClearClear
Hi: 80° 
Lo: 51°
Day: Sunny skies. High 80F, humidity 15%. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 13
Night: Clear skies. Low 51F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

"There is deep wisdom within our very flesh, if we can only come to our senses and feel it.
  ~Elizabeth A. Behnke

No comments: