Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

* Monday (again)

I am simply amazed how quickly time is moving.  Every time I turn around it is Monday, again.  This morning was busy.  E-mailing back and forth to the architect regarding changes to the plans and the electrical.  By the time I finished that, it was time to get dressed and meet Hope for lunch.  Enjoyed the courtyard at Hecho en Mexico (Made in Mexico).  The food is always good, and the company today especially enjoyable.  After a long lunch, Hope took me to her home for a tour.  I forgot my camera in the car, and by the time I was in her third floor studio, looking over all of SMA, I was to 'wowed' to backtrack.  Hopes' art calls to me, and it was difficult to pry myself away from the boxes of wood, shells, dolls heads, metal objects, found objects, gears, keys, glass, bones ... you name it.  The entire house is overflowing with art of all types, and I had to literally 'slow down the tour', because I could not take it all in.

After we had chatted for a while in the beautiful living room, we ventured over to see how my house was getting along.  It was laughable, because I couldn't 'find my way home', having never driven there myself before.  A map is fine, however it doesn't tell you which streets are one way, and the streets with no street signs .... well, you get the drift.  We headed in the right direction and I finally recognized some land marks and we went in for a boo.

All the men were busy as bees, and the energy hummed.  Music filled the air as they had the radio on.  Photo of 'me and my men' standing in the living area.  The arched wall behind is coming down and the entire space will be open.  OK'd the plans today.

You can see how very different the building is here.  All brick, cement and rebar.  No wood, insulation and drywall.  Interesting to watch.

Hope dropped me a few blocks from home so I could do a little grocery shopping for tomorrow.  The Cavanaugh's are coming.  Remember the lovely couple and the papa who took me with them to Delores to shop for doors and dishes.  Cavanaugh and Blanca.  So I'm busy 'prettying up' the place tonight, setting the table etc. etc.  I'm looking forward to seeing them again and enjoying their company.


The table is set.  I will walk to the market in the morning for fresh flowers.  Must have flowers.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mar 09
FairFair
Hi: 81° Lo: 52°
Day: Mostly clear skies. High 81F, humidity 20%. Winds WSW at 15 to 20 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 12
Night: Clear skies. Low 52F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.


Happiness - she loves to see men at work.  (She must be a lot like me ... I very much enjoy watching the men build my house.)

No comments: