Homemy artcardsprints for salecontact me

IMPORTANT: Address Change

My blog will still be operating, however the new purchasing of cards and prints will be under construction for some time. Hope you understand and bear with me.

The address of this blog has been permanently changed. "Donnadidit" no longer exists and will not show up on any search engine. It is important that you ...
1. Grab my button which will automatically bring you here ... or...
2. Change the name (dorothydonnaparker) and the URL on your reading and/or receive list. (Blogroll) ... or ...
3. make it super easy on yourself and subscribe by email.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email. Don't want to loose you. Love you too much. :o) Donna, Doni, Lady D xoxo

Monday, March 22, 2010

* On the way up

Yep!  Feeling a little better today.  I believe the preventive herbs and vitamin C I have been consuming by the truck load are definitely helping.  Actually had a little energy today and went out for a couple of hours. 

Called Richie (driver) and he picked me up.  Makes life incredibly easy when I have to obtain  large items or need help with translation.  First stop, custom built bed frames.  Ordered a frame with 8 drawers.  The frame also stands a little higher off the ground.  This will give me storage space under the bed as well as in the drawers.  Richie was a huge help with 'language'.  The proprietor of the shop (both times I have been in) is a thirteen year old young business man.  He has already learned everything needed to operate this carpenter shop, and besides building (which he is always doing as I enter) he is perfectly capable of taking measurements, drawing sketches, writing orders, working through intricate details such as 'Senora requires round legs please', to making a deal money wise (with Papa on the phone).  Incredible!  I was very impressed.

Off to the paint store.  Returned paint chips and was refunded my good faith deposit.  I purchased paint in the colours I was considering so I could do samples.  Better safe than sorry.  Here's the samples.
Difficult for me to choose, however, my heart says sample on the left.  Cobalt and Lime Green!  I'm thinking of using semi gloss paint, depending on the architects advise.  After all, it is Quinta de la Luz (Villa of Light) so the least I can do is help it to 'shine'.  We will see.

Stopped in at the house.  I missed the roof being poured!  : o (     Really wanted to see that.  All that was left was the aftermath of two by fours holding up the ceiling while it cures and the pallets which constructed the walkway to the roof.  They were installing the balcony doors today.   It certainly looks different with those in.
Pallets used to make walkway to the roof
New roof being supported in the living area.
My little open terrace, now with new roof.
What a difference a door makes!
VERY precarious!  I watched while the ladder shook and the walkway wobbled.  A five gallon bucket of cement on that strong shoulder.

After the pit stop at the house, we went to purchase some plastic storage bins.  I want to leave most of my things here, and travel to Victoria with empty bags.  What a concept!  I can assure you, they won't be empty on the way back!

My energy sadly lagging, Richie suggested we stop for a bite to eat.  It just happened the owners of the restaurant were drinking some exotic herbal mix from South America.  Richie immediately perked up.  Happy memories of Paraguay flooded back.  "Just what you need, Donna."  Off he went to procure some for me.  I will find out the name and let you know.  It's a herbal stimulant, nothing like caffeine I was assured.  Much gentler and very good for you.  It is a shared ceremonial drink in SA.  The herbs are placed in a traditional cup, boiling water poured over them, a beautiful metal carved 'straw' inserted.  It is then passed around and sipped upon.  Just keep filling with hot water and keep passing.  It has a resemblance to very very strong green tea.  Here's me having my first sip.
Notice nostrils have flared slightly.  I simply adore the ceremonial cup and straw.  Sort of reminds me of 'pomp and circumstance' and you know how I love that.  Apparently the herbs are available in SMA, and I will be out hunting for the proper holder.  Wouldn't taste the same without it.  I think it did raise my energy level a little.  Still had to lie down when I got home.  Felling a bit better again tonight.  I'm on the mend.

Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mar 23
CloudyCloudy
Hi: 80° 
Lo: 51°
Day: Mostly cloudy skies. High 80F, humidity 15%. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Air Quality: NA, UV Index: 13
Night: Mostly cloudy skies. Low 51F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

"I wonder if any element of interior design is more personal than color? Nothing can more quickly reveal aspect of personality and character than the choice - or absence - of color."
Van Day Truex, Interiors, Character, and Color

No comments: